This is one of my favourite bean salad recipes. It's fantastic on its own or add some organic tortilla chips for a great appetizer. It's always a hit at parties, and even with the kids. This was one of my niece's favourite foods when she was 4 :).
Oh, did I mention it's also SUPER easy, and tastes even better the second day???
Anti-inflammatory Curry Lentil Salad
- 1 can yellow lentils - rinsed well
- 1 red pepper - chopped small
- 1 cup of dried currants
- 2 green onions - chopped small
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Mustard (I use whatever good mustard I have)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- pinch of cloves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Wisk together & pour over salad- marinate for 24 hours.
Will keep for 7 days